WHO WE ARE
Data Protocol is a fast-growing, venture-backed education technology company centered in downtown Charleston, South Carolina alongside a growing Atlanta-based tech team. We are transforming the way software developers build apps and products by doing two things:
1) we produce courses that are high-quality, propulsive, and engaging, and
2) we deliver these courses in a proprietary learning environment that reflects how developers want to learn.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As our Technical Project Manager, you’ll be the air traffic controller for everything we do and an important architect in ‘how’ we do it. This role will be the throughline for Data Protocol, keeping track of all the initiatives and various work streams that enable us to deliver on our mission. From the planning process to delivery, the Technical Project Manager will be involved in all phases of the SDLC and responsible for reporting to Leadership.
OUR WISH LIST:
- JIRA NINJA - All JIRA, all the time. You have an in depth knowledge of administering and setting up Atlassian products and use them as the lifeline of your process.
- “Can-Do” Attitude — You identify opportunities and roll up your sleeves to make them happen; you’re not afraid of getting your hands dirty
- Creative and Resourceful — You think on your feet, try new approaches, and bounce back when things don’t go your way; you’ve got the perseverance without the ego
- Clear Communicator — You can tailor communication based on the audience always striving for clarity.
- Know What’s Important — You can prioritize, ruthlessly if need be, but always balancing output, scalability, and sound fundamentals
- Constant Improvement - You are always looking to improve yourself, the team, and our processes.
- Data-driven numbers person who understands the importance of data and knows how to collect and analyze data
- Dependability - You show up with a laser focus on delivering on time and on budget.
- Startup experience and/or entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience defining project objectives, project scope, roles & responsibilities.
- Experience defining resource requirements and managing resource availability & allocation – both internal and third party.
- Experience outlining a budget based on requirements and tracking costs to deliver project on budget.
- Proficiency in preparing a detailed project plan to schedule key project milestones, workstreams & activities.
- Experience managing delivery of the project according to a plan.
- Experience tracking project and providing regular reports on project status to project team and key stakeholders.
- Experience managing and adjusting for any changes in project scope, schedule and / or budget.
- Familiarity with identifying and mitigating potential risks.
- Experience managing the relationship and communication with the client and all stakeholders, ensuring the project is delivered to their satisfaction.
- Experience establishing and iterating a project process and tooling
- Familiarity with Atlassian Products
When talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary content that achieves the unexpected. Data Protocol is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, Data Protocol will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.