WHO WE ARE
Data Protocol is a fast-growing, venture-backed education technology company based in downtown Charleston, South Carolina. We are transforming the way software developers build apps and products by doing two things:
1) we produce courses that are high-quality, propulsive, and engaging and
2) we deliver these courses in a proprietary learning environment that reflects how developers want to learn.
We are a rocketship. Mission control is an absolutely critical function for our team and our products as we build toward liftoff.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As our Financial Analyst, you’ll be responsible for our accounting, reporting, reconciliation, and cash management. You need to mind the GAAP more than a London subway rider, but also focus on the fundamentals like accurate coding of expenses. You’ll have the incredible opportunity to shape and mold the development of our young, rapidly-growing company’s internal financial systems.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Perform routine general accounting activities including posting invoices, banking transactions, and credit card activity.
- Perform monthly billing to customers.
- Perform account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Run month end reports and reviews for accuracy.
- Ensure accurate coding of all expense items (G/L Account, Department, and Cost Center).
- Work closely with other departments to provide ongoing technical and operational accounting support.
- Maintains sound accounting methods and systems in accordance with internal controls.
- “Can-Do” Attitude — You identify opportunities and roll up your sleeves to make them happen; you’re not afraid of getting your hands dirty.
- Creative and Resourceful — You think on your feet, try new approaches, and bounce back when things don’t go your way; you’ve got the perseverance without the ego.
- Clear Communicator — You can tailor communication based on the audience always striving for clarity.
- Know What’s Important — You can prioritize, ruthlessly if need be, but always balancing output, scalability, and sound fundamentals.
- Constant Improvement - You are always looking to improve yourself, the team, and our processes.
- Dependability - You show up with a laser focus on delivering on time and on budget.
- Startup experience and/or entrepreneurial mindset.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or Finance, or a certification in Accounting/Finance
- 2+ years of related accounting experience.
- Proficient with ERP systems and MS Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Sharp business acumen with excellent communication skills.
- Cash management, budgeting, forecasting experience.
- Analytical and organized with an attention to detail.
- Able to meet deadlines and juggle competing priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written.
- Love a fast-paced, ever-changing (and growing) environment.
When talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary content that achieves the unexpected. Data Protocol is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, Data Protocol will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.