WHO WE ARE
Data Protocol is a fast-growing, venture-backed education technology company based in downtown Charleston, South Carolina. We are transforming the way software developers build apps and products by doing two things:
1) we produce courses that are high-quality, propulsive, and engaging and
2) we deliver these courses in a proprietary learning environment that reflects how developers want to learn.
We are a rocketship. Mission control is an absolutely critical function for our team and our products as we build toward liftoff.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As our HR and Operations Manager, you’ll help our people feel like rockstars by building structures to support their product-building performance. Our team members need someone focused on the logistics and underlying processes that allow them to focus on what they do best. Supplemental benefits, expense policies, asset tracking: whatever the need, you will step up and provide the scaffolding for others to stand on. You need to be the kind of person who’s happy executing AND constantly re-imagining how it can be done better. You’ll have the incredible opportunity to shape and mold the development of our young, rapidly-growing company’s workflow.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Partner with the Chief of Staff, Performance Director, and COO to streamline processes, optimize operations, and delve into data to support our employees and future organizational growth.
- Perform tasks required to administer and execute human resource and benefit programs, which include annual reviews, building positive culture, handling disciplinary matters, supporting training and development, onboarding/orientation, etc.
- Maintain relevant records for employee benefit plans including the 401k, Medical/Dental Plans, and the Employee Disability Plan. Enroll employees and terminate coverage. Initiate COBRA notification for terminations.
- Prepare the bi-weekly payroll alerting leadership on any potential anomalies.
- Review the accuracy of monthly bills for all insurance plans, including medical, dental and the employee disability plan.
- Maintain all human resource files including: annual reviews, stock options, bonuses, periodic performance issues, benefit elections, etc.
- Serve as owner of the Employee Handbook and, in coordination with key leadership, update as necessary.
- Maintain compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Identify new tools, systems, or technologies that will improve our processes and make the team more efficient.
- Act as a resource on issues related to compensation, insurance, labor regulations, and other policies and procedures.
- “Can-Do” Attitude — You identify opportunities and roll up your sleeves to make them happen; you’re not afraid of getting your hands dirty.
- Creative and Resourceful — You think on your feet, try new approaches, and bounce back when things don’t go your way; you’ve got the perseverance without the ego.
- Clear Communicator — You can tailor communication based on the audience always striving for clarity.
- Know What’s Important — You can prioritize, ruthlessly if need be, but always balancing output, scalability, and sound fundamentals.
- Constant Improvement - You are always looking to improve yourself, the team, and our processes.
- Dependability - You show up with a laser focus on delivering on time.
- Startup experience and/or entrepreneurial mindset.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, HR, Operations, or related field.
- 2+ years of related experience in an HR or benefits people role.
- Preference is provided to candidates with work experience in high-growth startups as well as SHRM-CP certification or similar HR-relevant certification.
- Consistent track record for identifying and launching process improvements.
- Analytical and organized with an attention to detail.
- Able to meet deadlines and juggle competing priorities within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written.
- Love a fast-paced, ever-changing (and growing) environment.
WHAT DATA PROTOCOL OFFERS
- Medical (zero deductible plan), dental, and vision coverage (100% covered for the employee; 50% coverage for dependents).
- 401k from Slavic with a 3% safe-harbor contribution (no matching required).
- $50/month cell phone stipend.
- Career development and training, including biweekly executive coaching.
- Stock options in a high growth startup.
- An opportunity to wear a lot of hats and experience working in a high growth start-up at an early stage.
When talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary content that achieves the unexpected. Data Protocol is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, Data Protocol will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.